Monday, April 9, 2012

Welcome, friend.

Hi,
I'm Katelin. I'm a twenty-something newlywed from the suburbs of Philadelphia. (Vague enough for you?) I love a well-written and witty rom-com on the couch with a glass of chilled Riesling, a thought-provoking poem by Billy Collins, snuggling with my two kitties, Fitz and Remy, and a spontaneous adventure with my incredibly good-looking husband, David:


(Enter incredibly good-looking husband, David.)


I also have Type 1 Diabetes. I've had it since I was six years old, and I'm just now beginning to pull my head from the sand and accept it. My Diabetes has been a really big source of pain, anger, fear and anxiety for me, but my goal for these next few years is to change my temper tantrum, whining, resentful mindset into that of courage and grace. Can you help me do that? Because I've also just started to realize that I can't do it on my own. I need to let my family and friends support me, and I need to let Jesus do His thing in my life through this challenge.

Now, I have a confession to make. This is my third blog. I may or may not have an issue with follow-through. My first blog focused on stories from my alma mater, James Madison University (Go Dukes!). Number of posts: 3. Next came the more specific budget wedding planning blog. Number of posts: 8. You see my point. So here is my strategy for the current, there is no strategy. There is no pressure. Just a splattering of ideas and thoughts that might:

A. make your day a little brighter,
2. help me to feel more comfortable living in the present, rather than constantly looking to the future, or
d: bring some refreshment to a rough day at school or work, via hilarious things found on the internet...i.e. 13 Simple Steps to Get Through a Rough Day.


(Also, 10 points to whoever knows the source of "A, 2, d.")

So there you have it, folks. The long and short of it. Feel free to comment, subscribe, share, spread the word, and/or show interest in advertising on this little project of mine so my house can look like those found on Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...